Information for Parents- Returning to school in September
Information for parents: Safe, Happy, Learning - Returning to school in September
We are looking forward to all children returning to school on 7th September. You will have received a separate message explaining your child’s new class.
We need your help to make sure that all children and staff are as safe as possible.
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSE IS DISPLAYING SYMTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS
ARRANGE A TEST IMMEDIATELY AND LET US KNOW THE RESULTS
PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP 2 METRES AWAY FROM OTHER FAMILY GROUPS
We will have a staggered timetable to reduce the amount of people at the beginning and end of the school day.
Year 1, 3 and 5 should arrive at 8:45 and leave school at 3:00
Year 2, 4 and 6 should arrive at 9:15 and leave school at 3:30
There will be a one way system for these year groups. They must enter via the Hub side gate and walk across the playground at the back of the school and leave via the gate by Arts Centre.
Reception classes will work from 9:00 and leave school at 3:15 and will enter into the Reception outside area and follow the one way system out of the school.
Nursery sessions will run from 8:30 – 11:30 and 12:30 to 3:30 and children will use the Children’s Centre entrances
One adult should bring each child unless the child is old enough to walk to school by themselves. Only members of the same family should share a car. Children are not allowed to cycle to school at the moment.
Sorry, we cannot allow any adults into school.
Please telephone the school office if you have any questions. It will not be possible to be safe if several mums, dads or carers come into the main entrance.
We will expect the same high standards of behaviour as usual. It is so important that the children follow instructions and stay with their group. If your child cannot follow this routine we will need to call you to help keep everyone safe.
All children must wear school uniform with trainers. To start with children will not change for PE lessons.
The children are only allowed to bring a coat, drink and their lunch into school.
If your child needs to change their clothes during the day we will help them do this. However, if this is difficult we will need to call you to help.
How are we reducing the risk of infection?
- Your child will spend most of their time with their own class. They will mix with the rest of their year group during playtimes. Sometimes your child may work with children across their year group in small groups.
- Your child will wash their hands regularly through the day.
- Your child will have their own equipment and any shared equipment will be cleaned regularly with the children washing their hands before and after use.
- We will keep rooms well ventilated and work outside as much as we can.
- Classrooms will be cleaned thoroughly each day with particular attention to desk surfaces and handles.
- If a child becomes unwell they will be isolated in the medical room and you will be asked to come and collect them from the school
- All children or adults connected with the school will have priority access to the testing system. If anyone shows signs of a new continuous cough, a raised temperature, loss of the sense of smell or loss of the sense of taste they must immediately arrange a test and keep the school informed .
We will keep all our procedures under careful review and let you know of any changes on a weekly basis.
Guidance for full opening: schools
Published 2 July 2020