At the time of writing we have been extremely fortunate that we have avoided any confirmed cases of Covid 19 in school.
As we break up for the Christmas holidays it is very important that you inform us if your child has a confirmed test result. Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make it clear in the email when your child started to show symptoms. If your child shows symptoms before the evening of Sunday 20th December other children and staff will need to be informed to self isolate for ten days until Monday 28th December.
During the school holiday please can we ask that you follow all the national guidance, we have included some helpful bullet points and web addresses below. It is by everyone taking individual responsibility to follow this guidance, that we can together manage a safe and secure return to education in the new year.
• If your child is unable to start the new term because of COVID-19 or any other illness please let us know in the normal way. School reopens 4th January 2021
• If your child lives in the same household as someone with coronavirus, your child must stay at home for 10 days from the first day the person with coronavirus had symptoms or had their test.
• If your child develops Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) they should remain at home for at least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared (or from the date they received a positive test result).
• COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) has information for households with possible coronavirus infection including easy to read guides in a number of languages.
• Guidance for contacts of people with confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) infection who do not live with the person - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) has information for contacts of people with confirmed coronavirus infection including an easy to read guide.
• If your family is need of support to help you through a period of isolation, please see the Norfolk Assistance Scheme • www.justonenorfolk.nhs.uk
• Some residents are also entitled to a self-isolation support payment of £500. To help someone apply for this, or to find out more please click here
• Please remember; there are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other 1. Wash hands, 2. Cover face, 3. Make space
Although the festive season will be different this year as we all continue to try and keep each other safe and healthy, we do hope that you can all enjoy this period and we wish you a safe and happy new year.